PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Growing Up


Today was Sophia's first day of pre-school! I still can not believe that she is in SCHOOL. I know it is just pre-school and only two mornings a week, but still... I dropped her off with her little bookbag, lunch bag, and big kiss. She was such a big girl, rather than hang on me and act all shy, she hopped over to the carpet, sat with the other children, and waved "bye" to me. I thought I would be sad, but she was just so excited that it was contaigious.

This morning she woke up super early and by 0800 she was dressed in her "school dress" sun hat, rain coat, socks and school shoes with her bookbag on her shoulder trying to get us into the car. Nevermind that school doesn't start until 0900. Silly thing.

When I went to pick her up, she was super excited, and super duper exhausted. It took about 3 seconds for her to fall asleep when we got home. I thought she would sleep in the car, but she was too excited to tell me everything about school.

Before she started school, we went to check everything out and meet the teacher etc. When Soph met the teacher, she was asked her name. The child replied, "My name is Sophia....with an "S".

3 comments:

  1. My MY MY Is she not a big girl. I just can not belive that she is going to school.I am very proud of her. Soph you be a good girl and learn alot so you can tell nahla all kinds of stuff. love you nahal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of Miss Sophia! I am also proud of the Mama too. And that is an impressive rain coat and hat! Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is just so cute in her off to school cloths.
    they sure grow fast don't they.
    love you all.
    love, aunt edie

    ReplyDelete