PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Green Thumb Garden Gnomes

When the children are not practicing their fencing skills they keep busy with hobbies like gardening, or digging holes in the dirt and catching earthworms. 

This lovely dirt circle is where I put the geraniums once it warms up a little bit.  Since there isn't much growing there right now, the kids think it is a perfect place to dig holes.  They started out digging in seperate areas, but soon realized that teamwork was way more effective.

Hank even put his sword down to concentrate on his digging efforts.

Sophia was focused on burying her soccer ball.  Daddy gave her that idea and she thought it was genius.  It wasn't long until they were tapping the water butts and making a disgusting mud pit.  I am really afraid to transplant my geraniums into the flowerbed as I am not sure they will live through being trampled and dug around.  Maybe if I put them all in at one time, there won't be much room to get in and dig.

As I was transferring my geraniums from their seed trays into big boy plant pots, Hank thought he would help me out.  First he lined up all the pots for me, then he decided that a peanut can from the recycling bin needed to be filled with dirt too!  Daisy is supervising all of us and our chores.

Luckily I had gotten all the baby plants out of the tray because Hank started stealing the dirt from the seed tray for his peanut can project.

Very intent on this secret operation.

Look hard and you can see a little boy back behind the strawberries digging in my potatoes.

He has the peanut can and a large pot back there.  Not sure what he is doing.  Hope my taters are not injured or dug up.


Mission complete...it is still classified as we have no idea what he was working on.  The potatoes survived as did the strawberries he tromped through to get up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment