PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School

My little baby girl started big girl school today.  She started primary school, which is the UK equivalent of kindergarten and elementary school.  She was kind enough to pose for me on our way out to the car.  She looks so gorgeous and grown up!  It is really hard for me to get my head around the fact that she is now a school kid and no longer a baby, toddler, or even pre schooler!  I also have a hard time with the reality that today was the end of her days where she was totally free.  From now on she will be required to do "something" for the rest of her life;  school, high school, college, work, etc.  She was less concerned about all of my musings, and more concerned about seeing her friends.

As we reached the school and she realized I was leaving her alone, her enthusiasm waned and she started to balk at going in.  She is trying to be brave in this photo, but as the close up below will show, she is having a hard time of it.

poor little thing.

a silly pic before we left for school.

In the end, she had a great day and enjoyed playing games, singing songs, and all the other stuff little kids do on the first day of school.  The first thing she said when I picked her up from school was, "Mama, I am starving.  They had pears for snack today and I don't like pears so I didn't get to eat anything and I am so hungry." Poor kid.  She actually asked if she could take a banana in her backpack tomorrow just in case they had pears again for snack.

Reminds me of a time about 29 years ago when....
....I was in kindergarten and we had applesauce for snack.  The teachers always made us eat all of our snacks no matter what.  I hated applesauce so much that as a five year old I made the decision to feign illness so I could go home and avoid the disgustingness of applesauce.  At least Sophia's teachers didn't make her eat the pear.  (I still hate applesauce)

1 comment: