New Phrases

I remember when we were so excited about the Little Bean learning new words, well now were are up to new phrases! This accelerated vocabulary spurt is freaking me out. Between being able to articulate what she wants and her move into a regular person size bed, I feel like if I blink she is going to be filling out college applications next! 
Her latest phrase is, "Mama, Book Away!!" I recently got really into a book and tried to weasel in some reading time while the Little Bean was watching Dora. I guess I pushed it too far because after she got bored with the tv she came over to me, pushed the book and said, "Mama, book away." I guess I will just have to stick to reading at night after she has gone to bed.
I NEED IT! While at Costco the other day we let her sit on a toy pony that was "just like a real horse." Due to her recent obsession with "neighs" she was beyond happy to sit on the pretend horse. The Daddy tried to convince me that his daughter "neeeeded" the horse. She immediately started saying, "I neeeed it." This has now grown to the point where she "neeeeeds" everything. At the grocery store the other day she picked up a can of peanuts and tried to convince me that she "neeeeeded" them. I am blaming her father for this one.
I DID IT! I think she got this from Dora. Whenever she manages to do something that is difficult, she jumps up, exclaims, "I did it!" and starts dancing around. This is pretty cute and we usually end up dancing around and singing with her!
I NO LIKE IT! Since she has been so consistent in her use of the potty, I thought it was time to try the big girl panties again. I tried to make a big deal of it and be excited, but she HATED them! She started saying, "Mama, I no like it! No like it!" and even started crying. She asked for her diaper back. Not sure what that was all about, but I put her diaper back on her and she calmed down, telling herself that she was OK. Guess I will just leave that alone for a while.
GO AWAY! This statement is used in three separate situations. The first is when she wants to do something that she knows she isn't supposed to. The second is when she is in the timeout chair and is mad at us, and the third is when she is on the potty. She likes to be alone.
I absolutely love I NEED IT! I feel that your life may become even more dramatic (scary to contemplate, yes?) as this free spirited and independent Bean grows into herself. :)
ReplyDelete