PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Beany Birthday

We celebrated the Little Bean's second birthday this weekend down at my parent's place. For a full week before we drove down, the Little Bean talked about how we were going to Nahla's because she had cake. When it was finally time to get into the car she was so excited that I thought she would burst. When the Puppy Bean started to whine and turn into his normal crazy car riding self, the Little Bean would say, "Hush Dadoo! We go Nahla!" It was super cute. The only bad part was after we left Nahla's to come home. The Little Bean was exhausted and fell asleep immediately, but after about three hours she woke up and realized that we had left Nahla's. She started to cry and tell us, "I need 'em Nahla. I need 'em." Which translates to, "I need Nahla." She was not at all interested in the fact that we would return to Nahla's for Christmas in just a few short weeks.

Anyway, the birthday party was a huge success and the Little Bean was more than pleased to be surrounded by her Nahla, Tic Toc, and cousins S and V. Cousin S even did a few magic tricks for her. She was most impressed when he rubbed a balloon on his head and made it stick to the ceiling. At first she was upset, but when he picked her up and let her knock it down she was hooked! She asked for many many repeat performances of that trick!
She also loved her Puppy Cake and other puppy party paraphernalia. When she saw the cake, she ran to Tic Toc screaming, "PUPPY CAKE! PUPPY CAKE!"

It is amazing how different she is this year. She was able to blow out her own candle and sat through the singing of Happy Birthday. (Her Daddy re-lit the candle so she could hear Happy Birthday twice and blow it out again!) After it was all over she kept telling us, "I Happy!" I think that meant that she understood that it was her happy birthday, because I doubt she has any concept of the emotion of happiness.
There are only a few photos because my mom took most of the pics and I forgot to download them onto my camera before I left. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the little bean!! I looked at some of the older posts and can't believe how quickly she is growing. Looking forward to seeing the newest bean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great two-year old you have! She's the perfect blend of her parents, and such a charmer. I can't believe it's been ages since I've seen her. Tell her to stop growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to our favorite Bean! It is amazing that you are 2 years old already! We are so exited to see you in a few weeks. XOXO

    ReplyDelete