PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Fish Tank - Part 1

Auntie K and Uncle Giant gave the Little Bean a fish tank for Christmas this year. The Little Bean is a bit obsessed with fish and calls Petsmart, the fish house because every time we go there she spends a large amount of time looking at the fish. While some of us (me) were excited about the fish tank, others (the husband) were less than thrilled. We plan to surprise baby E with a kitten next year for Christmas as retaliation over the fish present. :) Not really, a pet war could get out of hand when someone gets a llama for their birthday!
I was not aware that fish tanks took so much prep time prior to being able to use them. I sort of thought that we could go straight out and buy some gold fish and chuck them in. Apparently that is NOT the case. We ended up breaking the process down to three steps.

1. prepping the tank for use
2. prepping the rocks and decorations and letting it all sit for 24-48 hours
3. adding fish

Attached are the photos from fish tank phase one!

It became obvious early in the fish tank prep that the Little Bean would have been content to have received only the net from the box.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I am glad that I can bring such joy to the Beans life. Now she needs a bigger net! And, I really do know where to buy a llama, so tell the Daddy Bean to get over it. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete