PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Hiatus


After a relatively long hiatus we are finally back on the road and headed back home. Both the Husband's and my family live in pretty rural areas without internet access, so we are only now able to get online and update the blog. Our Christmas vacation was fabulous and it was really nice to see both sides of the family and spend the holiday's with them.

The photos are from the roadtrip and visit to the Husband's hometown. The weather up there was seriously different than we are accustomed to at home. It was unbelievably cold with the air temperatures at night in the negatives! On one day that we were here it snowed seven inches! We love the snow but the temperatures were just so cold that it wasn't fun to play outside. I knew that I was up north when I was thinking that 11 degrees was warm enough to take the baby out to build a snowman and do a little sledding. For those of you who are NOT from the Husband's hometown, 11 degrees is NOT warm enough for a two year old to enjoy playing outside no matter how many layers you put on the poor child. I think my nostrils froze together. Needless to say, we didn't stay out too long.

This is a photo of the snowman that the Little Bean and her father built. To be honest, the snow was not packable and not exactly conducive to the building of snow people. Daddy, being ever resourceful, piled two big chunks of ice up and fashioned it into a snowman. With the addition of a hat and jacket, we all thought it made a fantastic snowman.

1 comment:

  1. I love that the little Bean is reading the map. Too cute. Glad to hear you all had good holidays.

    ReplyDelete