PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dachau, Germany

We visited the site of Dachau concentration camp in Germany. I have attached a few photos. As I was unable to deal with the entire tour, the videos, and the photographic displays, the kids and I sat and waited for the Husband to finish. We did walk around a bit and were unable to avoid some outdoor displays and upsetting photos. I found it difficult to explain to Sophia where we were and answer her questions about the pictures. How can one explain "why" a person was able to do that sort of thing to another person. As she is only three she accepted my answers with limited questions. I know these sorts of questions only get harder and more complicated as she gets older and struggles to comprehend something that I still can't as an adult.

The experience of seeing a concentration camp first hand is not something I can put into words.



No comments:

Post a Comment