PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Daddy's Home!

A pic from the mini village at the adventure park. Sophia was serving rootbeer of course!
The Daddy has been away on a business trip for two weeks and finally got home a few days ago. The entire family missed him. My fearless guard dogs were super vigilant and sensitive to every noise. Sophia had the hardest time with the situation. She cried for him on numerous occasions and got herself so worked up that we had to call him a few times. One night, about 10 days into it, Soph was getting ready to go to sleep and as she lay in her bed she worked herself up to sobbing that her Daddy was never coming home and that he had to be dead! The child was hysterical. We called Daddy and he was able to assure her that he was truely alive and that he would be home very soon. Poor kid.

As a super sweet treat we picked Soph up early from school on Friday and we all went to a local amusement park. Sophie is finally tall enough to ride more than just the baby rides. She rode the pirate ship, a small roller coaster, and the log flume.
She was less than impressed with the log flume and even less impressed by the roller coaster. The pirate ship was another story. She wanted to ride that over and over again.

Both Hank and Sophia enjoyed the little play village. It was super cute little kid village with a school, church, hotel, and even a little pub.


This park also has a large farm explorer section. (this was my favorite part.)
I will post pictures of this soon. The husband and Hank were nearly mauled to death by goats and Soph was nearly pushed of the rock ledge by the same crazy goats. They weren't bad, just trying to get at the goat food we had. Soph rode the ponies. We all got to groom some miniature ponies, pet the jersey cow, feed the goats and sheep, hug on the baby goats, pet the pig, snuggle bunnies and guinea pigs, and look at lots of other critters.
I told everyone I wanted a goat/pig/chicken/bunny/guinea pig/cow/donkey/pony/lamb for my birthday. The Daddy said, "NO!" but Sophia told me I could have all the animals I wanted for my birthday and she would help me take care of them! :) so sweet.

The entire day was fantastic. There was little to no crying/fit pitching/pouting/fighting! Even though I didn't get my turn to milk the cow, it was still deemed a fantastic family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment