PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Words!

Things have been rather busy at the Beany house lately.  And by busy, I mean just normal life.  Nothing unusual or dramatic.  The Husband traveling for work, the kids and gymnastics and pre-school, the pre-school committee, the diabolically torturous website I am building, the dogs begging to go to the beach or for a hike, the grass growing and insisting on being mowed, the leaves falling and demanding to be raked, the roses begging to be cut back, the dirty dishes refusing to wash themselves, the bulbs begging to be planted, the fragile flowers requesting a place in the greenhouse to avoid death in the frost, the laundry laying indolently in front of the washing machine, the kids insisting on being fed.....ya know, just life!  :)

The last few posts have just been photos, so I guess it is time for some words to go along with the pics.  The beach photos were taken on a chilly afternoon.  No one wanted to go into the water, but when you are playing a game of "who can outrun the waves," you will inevitably get wet.  Sophia doesn't seem to feel the cold and kept pulling me deeper and deeper into the water.  By the time we came home everyone was soaked and cold, but happy!

The photo above is of my birthday present.  The Husband and kiddos got me a basket for my bicycle.  They even installed it as can be seen in the picture.  This is the COOLEST present ever.  Not only is it a basket on my bike, but it clips on and OFF!  So I can take it into the market and then ride home with my loot.  OR I can put Toto in there and ride away singing that crazy wicked witch song as I pedal along.  Seriously, this was the coolest gift ever!
This is a photo of my daughter, the Purple People Eater!  The Husband and I were both singing this song when she came downstairs all decked out in an outfit sent to her by Auntie K and Uncle Giant.  This has proven to be a favorite because 1- it has pockets and 2-it matches.  Not sure what is up with the matching thing, but she seems to insist on covering her entire body in matching colors or patterns.  Today she came downstairs wearing a pink striped dress, neon striped leggings, and red striped socks.  The colors were unimportant, she was so excited that everything she had on was striped!  The only negative comment I have about this is the complete mess she makes in her room from rummaging through her drawers and closet. 

This photo was taken from the Husband's viewpoint.  Soph and I were playing "go fish."  Her very favorite game (second only to princess dress up games on my computer).  Soph can't hold her cards up all at one time, so we erected a barrier to block me from "cheating."  She doesn't really understand why she shouldn't show her cards to the opponent at this point.  Even when she laid her cards out for everyone to see, she almost always beat me.  The kid has some serious luck.   Please note the zillions of toys and books strewn about the living room floor.

The other morning as we were leaving for school....
Sophia:  "Mama, there are toys all over the living room.  You really should clean them up while I am at school."
Me:  "I am pretty sure most of the toys in the floor are yours.  Maybe I should wait until after school and we can clean them up together."
Sophia:  "Mama, that won't work, I have nap after school."

No comments:

Post a Comment