PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good News and Bad News

I like to get the bad news first, just to knock it out.  So here it is...Daisy is sick.  She has spent the past two days at the vet being stabilized and having tests.

Anyone who knows the Beany family, knows Daisy is very very very important to me.  She was the original Bean...The Big Bean!  She even pre-dated the Husband.  That dog has been with me since I processed out of the Marine Corps and has traveled and lived with me on five continents!  I love this dog.  Once while the Husband and I were driving cross-country, I asked him if he had ever loved something so much he felt it was impossible to love it even more as that is how I feel about Daisy.  A heart so full of love for her it can't get anymore full.  The Husband immediately started laughing at and mocking me, and continues to throw that quote up at me from time to time for the past seven years!

The other day Daisy began to show signs of not feeling well, after a trip to the Dr. we found out she is suffering from pacriatitis and a sudden onset of diabetes.  The diabetes has so far proven to be difficult to control.  Even after staying at the vets for two days, her glucose levels were in the 20s when they are supposed to be 4! 

We have learned so much about diabetes and the pancreas and enzymes and whatnot in the past couple of days it is ridiculous. 

The good news is that they did not find cancer in her pancreas and it hasn't been damaged with the pancreatitis.  Now we have to get these diabetes under control.







3 comments:

  1. How awful. I hope that she improves. Augie got pancreatitis the night before I moved to DC to start my A-100 class in 2001. He got better quickly but it was incredibly stressful. Daisy is such a wonderful dog. Give her some love from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booker got it too! But he wasn't supposed to live and he did... He was at the vets for quite a few days!

    Daisy will make it... I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisel is tough, look how she has survived the invasion of the Little Bean and Baby Bean! She will work though this because she has a family that loves her and gives her the best Beany care! It will be alright Mama, hang in there and give that Black Bean some kisses for me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete