PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Commando Challenge 2011 - 10K

A few photos of the Royal Marine Commando Challenge.  Paul thought it would be funny to cover my face with cammie paint like I was going into combat or something.  I was hoping all the water features would wash the stuff off, but not so much.  I am still finding bits of it in my eyebrows.   

Lots of running in the water, through the water, and under the water.

My sweet husband ran with me the whole way.  Gotta love him.

This is the lady who got me into this.  Man, I am short!

There were so many tunnels, dark, wet, stinky tunnels.

Running/wading through the nasty bog water.  GROSS!

More and more tunnels.

More cold smelly bog water!

The sheep dip.  This was a tunnel filled to the top with water.  There is one Marine on either side of the tunnel, one pushes you through and the other one fishes around to catch you and yank you out.  It was a little bit scary, but mainly cold cold cold.  The husband kept reminding me that when he did the sheep dip they had to break the ice before they could go through.
 
Dirt and mud were a key part of this race.

Suffice to say that I finished the 6 miles of self inflicted torture.  I was in the first quarter of our team.  Not the fastest by any stretch of the imagination and not as fast as the husband thought I would go, but a respectable speed.  the most important thing...it was fun!  Lots and Lots and Lots of fun!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment