PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I No Like It!

This phrase is getting a little overused in our house. The Little Bean says it about EVERYTHING, even the things that we know she likes. If we want her to do something, then she immediately, "No Like It!" Yesterday I had to give her some medicine and put it in with her ice cream. Before she even tasted the ice cream she declared that she didn't like it. And the standoff began. The medicine had to be taken within 15 minutes of opening the package. I ended up bribing the child to eat ice cream by offering her a sucker. Since when do children have to be bribed to eat ice cream. It wasn't even an east bribe. She held out for a good ten minutes before she gave in and ate the ice cream in order to get the sucker. The whole situation was ridiculous!

She is also getting into telling us that she loves things. Yesterday she called me up to her room during her nap to show me that her blanket had bears on it. Then she professed her love for the bears! The big girl bed is going really well. The only problem that we are having is that she has about a million baby dolls in her bed with her and they all have to be covered up to keep warm. Sometimes she calls me into her room because she has put her babies on her pillow and covered them up with her blankies. When I get upstairs she just sitting there uncomfortably because she has no room to lay down.

She is also really big into playing pretend. She sat at the kitchen table last night for half an hour playing with a a few animal action figure things. One was the mama and the others were talking to each other and playing together. The Husband and I thought she looked like such a super big girl playing pretend with her animals.

2 comments:

  1. I feel this is a mere glimpse of things yet to come. The Bean cracks me up with her independence, poor Mama and Daddy Bean. I LOVE that she is so tricksy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubborn is a traight that runs in the family. It tends to turn into independence but God Speed to you and her Daddy in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete