PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Expressing Her Opinion

The Little Bean in showing even more signs of her independence lately. She gets ideas in her head and is insistant that things work out the way she envisions them.
Never before has she shown any interest in her clothes. The most she would say about it was that she wanted to wear the blue jacket when she went outside (it is actually pink) and that she doesn't like her boots and wants shoes instead. That was about the extent of it.
Until yesterday. She was getting ready to go out with her father and I getting her dressed. She had a nice pair of pink pants and a nice long sleeved flowery shirt on when she decided that she needed to wear a short sleeve grey t-shirt with a pocket on it over top. The outfit was not complete until it was topped off with a belt over top her two shirts. This was all completed with a hat, because according to the Bean, the "rain coming!" It wasn't raining. But we just let it go. She looked goofy, but was so happy with her little outfit that she strutted downstairs to look at herself in the mirror and insisted that her father comment on her shirt and belt! :)

Luckily, today she was not interested in her outfit and I was free to dress her as I wanted before we went to run some errands. It will be interesting to see if the insistence of picking out her own outfits will become a trend. Both the Husband and I are of the school that the child can wear whatever she wants so long as it is seasonally appropriate and includes all the basics for going out in public to include things like pants and shoes. So you may be seeing some photos of some pretty wild outfits in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a future fashion diva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love it!! I can't wait for the day that she wants to wear a tutu and rainboots to school. And I think it will happen.

    ReplyDelete